11/08/2011

Been there done that

After living in Sweden for three years I thought it was about the time to visit Kjuge. I did not have that much of expectations considering the mostly negative comments from Finnish friends and neutral and/or positive comments from my Swedish friends. The area reminds me of the forest and surrounding agricultural landscape as in Bleau plus Kjuge has a castle too. Local agrarian people were very nice and the cabin that we lived (10 min walk from the forest) was idyllic and cozy.  The good thing is that the boulders are concentrated on a small area and there are a lot of nice problems with cool moves. But... The rock... Ouch, ouch and ouch!! Noot as lovely as Bleau sandstone, to be honest it was the most painful and worst rock I've ever climbed on. Even though the importance of rock quality I guess my comments would still be neutral with a light positive kick. Pics from problems: Ahab, Rocketeer and Babar.




Cows are boring!!!

No comments: