7/15/2013

Holiday shots



 Sweating and beating out the office dust is a crucial part of a successful holiday.

Second stop in Straumen. A very nice boulder place which I have visited four times in the past but always ended up just window shopping in the rain. This time I actually got to climb something.

Waiting for the ferry to Lofoten in Skutvik and thinking if it is possible to be tired of this view.

My first classic rack pic. 

My first jamming tapes. I never thought I would were these. It feels so awkward and uncomfortable to jam but in the end I started to get the hang of it and could actually enjoy it. 

Continuing with my firsts... Stand.

My hostess checking out my second stand :) on the classic Bare Blåbaer. I did not have that much experience in leading trad before arriving, two times three years ago and once this summer on a 7 m wall so I was very excited about the possibility to hop into a longer route during my first day.  

Almost finished. When repelling down, the thing that I have been the most scared off happened, I dropped my atc. Luckily there was a small ledge where it stopped so I was able to climb down and get it. I had forgotten or was unsure how to do the simple italian hitch knot which saves you in situations like these. Now I know it and have tattooed it in my mind. We got home at 3 am and it was still daylight outside. It was the best climbing day but also the toughest, it took me several days to recover completely, mainly my calves were the problem and were aching for ages.   

Back home in Henningsvaer.

Cloudberries beside Presten boulders. This time I bouldered only once and that was because of bad conditions to do traditional plus we wanted to just get outside and have fun. Experiencing a tiny bit what the huge pillars have to offer I am afraid to say this, but I would never ever go to this place to do just bouldering anymore. 

 Rainy days offer walking tours in a beautiful landscape.




On the way back home I had a little city vacation in Umeå and I must say I was positively surprised how nice and lively this northern Swedish city was. Mosjön boulders

No comments: